Welcome to the December Newsletter!
First up, Gradle 4.4 features:
- Better incremental build and build cache support for C and C++
- Visual Studio 2017 toolchain support
- Kotlin DSL v0.13
Next, Gradle Enterprise 2017.7 features:
- Build cache replication, enabling faster builds with build cache nodes geolocated close to developers
- Keyboard navigation for build scans
- Sharing specific performance information in build scans
One more thing: fully hosted Gradle Enterprise trials! You can now try Gradle Enterprise with no setup. Just fill out this form and we’ll provision and host a Gradle Enterprise trial instance for you on the web.
Finally, Buildship 2.2 features:
- Automatic project synchronization
- Syntax highlighting for Gradle script files
- Runtime classpath separation
- Java 9 compatibility for Buildship plugins
Buildship 2.2 will be a part of the upcoming Eclipse Photon release.
You may see a few improvements in the Gradle docs today, with many more to come. Please fill out this 1-minute survey to help us figure out which improvements matter most to you. In the meantime, enjoy a brand new guide to the Worker API for parallelizing your custom Gradle tasks!
Until next time!
—The Gradle Team
From the Community
- eBook: Playing with Gradle — Describes many aspects of managing Gradle for Android applications, like Android tasks, flavor, build types, variants, and so on.
- spring-gradle-plugins/spring-bintray-plugin — A modernized Gradle plugin for Bintray from the Spring team which provides more control over the individual stages of execution and uses the new Worker API.
- http-builder-ng/gradle-http-plugin — Allows you to conveniently make HTTP requests from your Gradle build.
- radarsh/gradle-test-logger-plugin — Plugin for beautiful test execution logs, with standard and mocha themes.
- Remote Debugging en Gradle (Spanish) — One of several helpful Gradle articles in Spanish by Eddú Meléndez.
Have something you’d like to see featured here? Just send us an email with the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.