Welcome to the January 2022 Gradle Build Tool newsletter.
This edition covers new videos from the community, patch releases for Gradle Build Tool, and a postmortem on the recent plugin resolution outage.
From the Community
- Gradle Check Task Essentials - explains the
- How to Add a Gradle Dependency - shows how to add a project dependency
From Gradle Team
Gradle plugin resolution outage postmortem
We published the postmortem about the recent Gradle Plugin resolution outage, where we share how we are reducing the likelihood of future incidents like this by reducing Gradle Plugin Portal’s reliance on JCenter, and what are the options for build authors to isolate their infrastructure from such issues.
Gradle 6.9.2 and 7.3.3
If you share our passion for developer productivity and tooling, consider joining our globally distributed team and check out our job openings at gradle.com/careers. We are looking for new teammates including software engineers, solutions engineers, data scientist, application security engineer, developer advocate and developer productivity engineer.
- Jan 27 10:00 am - 11:00 am (Pacific Time, US): How DoorDash Does Developer Productivity Engineering
- Feb 2 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm (Pacific Time, US): Gradle Enterprise User Training for Developers
- Feb 16 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm (CET Time): Gradle Enterprise User Training for Developers
- Mar 4 9:00 am - 11:30 am (Pacific Time, US): Introduction to Developer Productivity Engineering
- Mar 7 9:00 am - 11:30 am (Pacific Time, US): Gradle Build Cache Deep Dive
- Mar 8-9 8:30 am - 12:30 pm (Pacific Time, US): Introduction to Gradle Build Tool
See the Gradle Training webpage for an up-to-date list of all upcoming educational and training events.
If you have some news you’d like us to share in the next issue, use #gradle on Twitter or send us an email with the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until next time!
—The Gradle Build Tool Team